Recently I have moved from Nokia 5233 to IPhone 4. Biggest challange for me to transfer contacts from Nokia to IPhone. I have googled it but most of the solutions suggest to use Outlook, first sync between Nokia and Outlook then sync between Outlook and IPhone. Some suggested to use some third party software to do this.
I do not want to use Outlook to sync my contacts just because I don’t have it and same time I need to install Nokia PC suite to transfer contacts. After googled for 2 days I come across one solution where authors has demonstrated the way to transfer contacts as vcard. This solution does not require Nokia PC suite. So based on this I find very simple solution to transfer contacts from Nokia to IPhone. This solution require Windows Visa or Windows 7. I have never tried it on windows xp and windows 8.
Here is the process
- In your Nokia Phone go to contacts and select options : Contacts > Options > Mark/unmark > Mark all
- Perform : Options > Copy > To mass memory. This action copy all your contacts as .vcf file into E:\Others\Contacts
- Connect your nokia phone to your windows 7 PC. At the time of connection select option Mass Storage Device. This action allow you to access your phone as pen drive. Open mounted drive(in my case it is E: drive). Go to folder E:\Others\Contact. Copy all contacts.
- Open windows menu and inside “search programs and files” text box enter contacts. Windows shows contacts in menu. Click on this contacts menu item. This action opens contacts folder in windows explorer. Here paste your contacts.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the included USB cable and select it in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side
- Select Info tab from right panel.
- Inside info tab select Sync contacts with Windows Contacts and press Apply button. Wait for few minutes. Now you can access all your nokia contacts in iphone!!!